Day 1. I got a call at my office like 2 hours before the start of my first class telling me that I got the job and that I needed to be at the school at least 1/2 before class in order to put some stuff together before I started teaching. I had NO IDEA what I was going to teach. I thought about preparing class beforehand, but I didn't really know at that time if I had the job or not, so I wasn't going to waste time on something I probably wouldn't use. So what did I do? I winged it. I mean, I had given lectures about Linux before, so there was no problem in getting material to last me the duration of the class. The only inconvenient is that I didn't have any... structure. Luckly, one of the students in the class was my friend and roomate, and he helped me get thru the entire class asking questions. If it wasn't for him I would've been lost.

0 Responses so far.