Day 2. I got to class like 5 minutes before the hour. It turns out I have to ask for the key to the classroom, which isn't exactly a classroom, but a big lab/classroom. It has 12 computers in one side and 20 or so chairs and a whiteboard on the other. I wasted 10 minutes of class looking for the teacher that gives the class that's before mine so he could give us the key because he took it and never gave it back. We couldn't find the f**ker, so I had to teach on a secluded 3rd floor classroom with a chalk blackboard. Ugh. I actually love chalk, but when you don't have a chalk eraser, it blows. this was my first class with a little of preparation. I asked my pal to give me whatever he could on the class. He gave me his old schedule and class plan. And based on that, I kind of made my own. I triend first to summarize what I'd talked about last class. Then I started talking about the GNU project, Free Software and its benefits. Then I talked about Open Source, its Licences, its advantages and differences against GPLd software and such. I gave them also a couple of links to interesting sites and a small pre-installation tips because we were going to install Linux the next class. I finished the class 15 minutes earlier.

0 Responses so far.